Brenda Gentry, a 46-year-old mom of two, began to invest in cryptoassets during the early stage of the coronavirus pandemic. Last October, she decided to quit her job as a mortgage underwriter and focus on crypto full-time, building a successful consultancy that Gentry says brings her a hefty income of up to USD 80,000 per month.
She sees crypto as a means to accumulate wealth and pass it on to her two girls, Cynthia, 23, and Imani, 19. The mom says that the family is excited about the “unprecedented opportunities offered by crypto,” as reported by CNBC.
Gentry gained confidence in her crypto trading skills in early 2021 when her gains had exceeded the returns generated by her retirement savings vehicle.
“My investment portfolio surpassed my 401(k) — which had taken 11 years to get to USD 200,000 — in six months,” she told CNBC.
Gentry acknowledges that crypto investments are risky, but her experience in finance and due diligence allows her to feel comfortable with investing in such assets.
Her company, Gentry Media Productions, advises decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible token (NFT) projects, and Gentry typically makes between ETH 10 (USD 40,000) and ETH 20 (USD 80,000) from her business per month. In her previous job at financial services group United Services Automobile Association (USAA), she was making about USD 75,000 annually in her past job.
“Crypto is about financial freedom,” she was quoted as saying. “Most people who couldn’t access loans with traditional finance because of credit limitations can now invest in crypto and be able to borrow from it.”
It is noteworthy Gentry’s new career in crypto has allowed her to gain financial security, but also extend it to her family. Last September, she was able to help her parents retire.
Gentry’s story is part of a larger trend, as a recent survey indicates cryptoassets are a growing source of financial and job freedom in the US, providing life-changing levels of income to an increasing number of persons.
Similarly to the San Antonio resident, 11% of the poll’s respondents reported they personally quit their jobs, or they knew someone who has, as a result of their investments in cryptoassets such as bitcoin (BTC) and ethereum (ETH).
– Half of Surveyed Millennial Millionaires Set to Buy Even More Bitcoin, Ethereum in 2022
– Rising Number Of Investors Sell Stocks, Bonds To Buy Crypto – Survey
– Survey Reveals How Bitcoin, Ethereum & Crypto Bring Job Freedom
– Almost Third of Professional Investors Sidestep Advisors to Buy Crypto – Survey
– Nurse Becomes Full-Time Crypto Trader With Over USD1M Revenue
– SoftBank Boss Glad to Be out of Bitcoin, But His Firm Is Still in the Game
– Here’s How The Bitcoin Family Secures Their BTC, ETH & LTC Fortune
– Goldman Executive Quits After Reportedly Making ‘Millions’ Off Dogecoin